- Whitehall Ultimate Mailbox PackageAs low as $634.99
- Whitehall Superior Mailbox PackageAs low as $487.99
- Whitehall Deluxe Mailbox PackageAs low as $487.99
- Whitehall Estate Streetside Mailbox PackageAs low as $621.99
- Whitehall Balmoral Monogram Mailbox-Post PackageAs low as $516.99
- Whitehall Premium Streetside Mailbox PackageAs low as $361.99
- Janzer Mailbox and Post Combo - Choose ColorsAs low as $377.97
- Fleur de Lis Keystone Series Mailbox and Standard Post PackagesAs low as $498.00
- Signature Keystone Series Mailbox and Standard Post PackagesAs low as $498.00
- Signature Keystone Series Mailbox and Deluxe Post PackagesAs low as $658.00
- Original Keystone Series Mailbox and Standard Post PackagesAs low as $498.00
- Original Keystone Series Deluxe Mailbox and Post PackagesAs low as $658.00
- Residential Mailbox System with Olive Wreath Decorative Mailbox
- Residential Mailbox System with Fleur de Lis MailboxAs low as $383.97
- Residential Mailbox System with Fleur de Lis Mailbox and Newspaper Holderwas $576.00 Special Price $460.97 As low as $399.67
- Century lmperial Mailboxes Systems with Newspaper Holderwas $576.00 Special Price $460.97 As low as $399.67
- Estate Large Size Mailbox System with Fleur de Lis Mailboxwas $672.00 Special Price $537.97 As low as $481.83
- Residential Mailbox System with Olive Wreath Decorative Mailbox and Pineapple Finialwas $521.00 Special Price $416.97 As low as $372.83
- Residential Mailbox System with Horse and Buggy Mailbox
- Craftsman Mailbox Post & Westchester Brass Mailbox (Locking Insert Optional)was $977.00 Special Price $781.98 As low as $705.33
The 5 Most Common Questions when Purchasing HOA Mailboxes
If it is time for your HOA to purchase mailboxes, we can help. The task of choosing the right mailboxes for your Homeowner’s Association doesn’t have to be a challenge. We can help you every step of the way, whether by assisting you in choosing the right brand or providing a discounted quote for a large quantity purchase.
This article will provide HOA managers with the five most common questions that come up when choosing and buying the right mailboxes for an association. Those questions are:
- How do I Meet USPS Standards?
- Should I Buy Secure Locking Mailboxes?
- Should I Buy Mailbox Accessories (plaques, etc.)?
- Which Mailbox Style should I choose?
- Which Mailbox Supplier should I purchase from?
1. How do I Meet USPS Standards?
Meeting USPS standards is fairly simple. While the Postal Service standards may vary by area, the universal postal regulations are relatively easy to follow. Also, most mailbox brands we sell have already built their mailboxes to meet these standards.
The main considerations are for new residential developments. If your HOA is overseeing or part of a new development, consult with your local postmaster to find out whether the post office will require your HOA mailboxes to be:
- Cluster mailboxes (also called cluster box units or CBUs)
- Multi-mount mailboxes
- Single mount residential mailboxes
If you are considering HOA mailbox replacement, it is likely that a replacement of the same type of mailboxes will be approved. Still, it is usually a good idea to check with the local postmaster. Remember, if you are able to purchase multi-mount or cluster mailboxes, you could save money on mailbox installation.
2. Should I Buy Secure Locking Mailboxes?
Whether you need secure locking mailboxes will depend on your neighborhood and your HOA requirements for mail security. In most cases, this is where we see many HOAs purchasing cluster mailboxes, but there are several locking post mount options as well. Mail Boss is a well-known brand for secure residential mailboxes, and some brands like Gaines offer locking inserts. Many HOAs have found that locking mailboxes offer greater security for their neighborhood by deterring mail theft.
3. Should I Buy Mailbox Accessories (plaques, etc.)?
In most cases, mailboxes may require accessories like address plaques or numbers, decorative posts, optional newspaper holders, and more. Most of our mailbox packages come with posts of your choosing, so it is really a matter of deciding the decorative finishing touches and determining how many sets of mailbox numbers you’ll need if purchasing a large volume.
If purchasing cluster mailboxes, we recommend the decorative configurations for greater architectural appeal. Custom door numbering is also available for all of our cluster mailboxes.
4. Which Mailbox Style should I choose?
The style of mailbox you choose will depend on whether you are purchasing for a new development or replacing existing mailboxes. If the former, this is where you get to be creative. Your mailbox style should complement your neighborhood’s decor and architecture while meeting USPS requirements for new developments in your area.
If replacing mailboxes, you can see about purchasing the exact same mailboxes; however, if the mailboxes you are replacing are discontinued, we can either help you find the closest match possible or guide you in selecting a new style. The appearance and style of your HOA mailboxes can make the right statement in attracting new home buyers, so choosing a quality brand like Whitehall, Gaines, or Imperial is key.
5. Which Mailbox Supplier should I purchase from?
This one should be a no-brainer. Buy from mailbox experts like us. We can help you through every step of the buying process, whether you are researching a brand, shopping competitor prices, or ready to request a quote or check out.
There’s a reason Budget Mailboxes has been in business for over 10 years. We provide the best service, competitive prices, and expert product advice to our customers. We specialize in serving communities, HOAs, contractors, and every mailbox shopper in between. So, if you’re considering upgrading your existing HOA mailboxes or purchasing for a new development, give us a call or chat online today. We would love to help!